09 January 2011

Every Day Feels like Sunday Baby

Last Thursday when I returned to the ranch from a mid-day trip to the beach, Sidney asked, "And what adventure are you embarking on now?"

"Oh, I'm coming back actually. Just a trip down to the beach," I said.

"How nice, what a great thing to do."

"Well, I may not have much to show for my days, but I sure know how to spend them."

I am trying to get more comfortable with this life philosophy; considering that in action, I come to it quite naturally, even if not so easily in my mind. So. The truth is, I don't have a piece to post, since I've been spending my sunshine-filled January days adventuring or following artistic rabbit holes. But! Here's a few photos of my last week. I hope they bring you inspiration for the week to come...

How I spent my entire Sunday.

Great Sparkley Toms! My Carol Ann brought these to me at New Years, as she was inspired by my entry Take Your Performance Fleece and Shove It. Suh-weet!


Toyone waiting for me at the top of the hill on the Pine Ridge Trail.

I mean, C'mon people. Short walk at Julia Pheiffer Burns SP.

Friday's dawn-breaking/sunrise from the farmhouse.


Thursday's Sunset. Looking for whales. Afterwards, we played Cow Pie Discus.

So. Here's to the days you can't stay inside. The days you can't write and can hardly make yourself read and in general, it feels like a failure to start. The days where everything seems like a failure (and maybe it is), and all of your decisions seem wrong. I have those too. I know them well.

And here's to the way that family and a good walk can save us. What a sunset can do, and how gracious the late-morning winter sunrise is...thanks for waiting to come at such an attainable hour. Here's to great music and hip hop dance parties while you clean the house or drive to work. Here's to happening into friends and seeing where the day takes you.

Spend the day. And go to bed with nothing left.

So. Here's to the Monday morning sunrise...may you rise to meet it, wherever you are. Even all of you in Portland, Oregon. I watched it all last winter from my 9th Street apartment sun porch. It's there, every day, believe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment